Twitter | Search | |
rolandsmartin
host, daily digital show; senior analyst, ; author; international speaker; CEO, Nu Vision Media
435,224
Tweets
3,478
Following
521,227
Followers
Tweets
rolandsmartin retweeted
Bomani Jones 16h
Replying to @bomani_jones
this is a reminder we’ve got a generation or two totally unfamiliar with james brown. he’d be ripe for cancellation, but still.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Bomani Jones 16h
you can if you’re over 15
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Kevin M. Kruse 58m
You're claiming credit for the Veterans Choice and Accountability Act of ... 2014?
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Vanita Gupta 52m
The Trump administration is acting with more and more impunity. On top of all else, now the Justice Department won't comply with House subpoena over citizenship question on census.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Sherrod Brown 3h
“You don’t want to live in Cincinnati or Cleveland or these armpits of America.” - Stephen Moore, the President’s expected nominee Mr. Moore, how dare you demean millions of Americans and their work.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Bomani Jones 15m
Replying to @bomani_jones
francesa was dumbfounded. that clip is amazing. also interesting he hadn’t looked at the lyrics before the show, and i doubt that caller had ever looked at the lyrics himself.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Bomani Jones 27m
if this don’t settle the debate...
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 14m
Math performance for Black kids: 24, 24 and 33% for the last three years. Sacramento district: 16, 17, 17%. Which would you prefer? In English, 27, 33, 38%. District: 26, 27, 28%. Which is better?
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 18m
Let me get this straight . Of the 6 million kids in public schools in California, 10% are in charters. Of that 10%, 52,000 are Black. So how can 10% of the schools be the cause of the problem for the other 90%? I’ll wait.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 23m
Replying to @Libradebbie
You could have used cash app
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 23m
Replying to @Aggies1960 @TAMU
It’s a dumb ass question. And one I have gotten since I arrived at A&M. White men don’t get these questions
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 25m
Replying to @AsmKevinMcCarty
I was in Sacramento last night to bring attention to these idiotic bills being proposed in California by folks like . His bill has NOTHING to do with education, but an idiotic attempt to blame charters for school funding shortfalls.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 25m
Replying to @AsmKevinMcCarty
I need to explain why it makes sense to pass a bill to say that if one charter school closes, an existing charter operator CANNOT take it over? If Margaret Fortune is killing it, why not allow her to take over more charter schools?
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 25m
Replying to @AsmKevinMcCarty
I really need to explain how 13% of Sacramento Black students are proficient in math and 22% in English, yet of the top 10 performing charters in the state mostly made up of Black students, THREE of them are in HIS district?
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 25m
There are some things that makes no sense to me. One is how California lawmaker can sponsor AB1506, which will cap charter schools in the state, when Black students are getting the short end of the stick in the Sacramento school district.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 28m
Here's why the census and the citizenship question matters to communities of color ... The census determines the allocation of over $600B federal dollars, which states get more or less seats in the House of Representatives and the electoral college.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 48m
: initiative launched to help create a culture of health; Combat the high incidences of heart disease and stroke within the in the African American community.
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin retweeted
Cheri Jacobus 3h
My new piece for ! Trump needs GOP conviction (and Pence presidency) to avoid prosecution. Otherwise, a new DoJ will prosecute him post 2020 defeat. No Pence -- no pardon!
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 2h
LIE
Reply Retweet Like
rolandsmartin 2h
It’s time for to explain why has not been on the air discussing the . His absence from ANY of these discussions is glaring. And why haven’t all of these media reporters called to inquire? NONE of y’all noticed his absence?
Reply Retweet Like