Twitter | Search | |
LoanMajor
LoanMajor's goal is to help prevent students from taking on an unaffordable amount of debt while pursuing a college education.
100
Tweets
1,927
Following
1,952
Followers
Tweets
LoanMajor retweeted
Austen Allred Oct 1
For-profit universities in the United States have to abide by the 90/10 rule: only 90% of tuition $ can come from federal student loans, the other 10% have to come from other sources. Want to rock the education space and drive tuition down? Make it an 80/20 rule. Or 75/25 rule.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
Destin Legarie Sep 30
I just paid off my student loans. It was kind of anti-climatic, but what a huge relief to have that done and over with.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Oct 2
Make sure if you are in these Programs that you renew every year!
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
NowThis Jul 24
Student loans are forcing young people to turn side hustles into second jobs
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jul 9
Deferring high interest rate loans can do more harm than good by kicking the can down the road!
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
Federal Student Aid Jul 6
Worried about paying for grad school? Here are some ways you can get ready:
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
♕Jon Jul 3
Lebron could play ball for 1 quarter and my student loans would be paid off for a lifetime
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 25
Remember that your can refinance your private loans, but you cannot consolidate them through the federal government!
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 25
Young Americans suffering from serious case of student loan regret via
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
The Wall Street Journal Jun 16
Student loans have become 'a life sentence.' Bankruptcy judges are looking to offer a helping hand.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
🦃M@thew🦃 Jun 18
I’m not sure what the most expensive kind of meat is, but judging by my student loans I go for about $763 per pound.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 13
Replying to @IamPoliSci
I’m sorry you didn’t want to continue our dialogue. Yes, PLUS loans can be used for both, but discussion was about graduate students in the original tweet. You seemed to have confused PLUS and private loans and I wanted to correct so that others could follow.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 13
Replying to @IamPoliSci
PLUS loans are federal loans often used for graduate studies. Private loans are what you seem to be referencing. There are trade offs, but for graduate borrowers with good credit planning to pay their loans quickly after graduating private loans may be a better option.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 13
Remember, subsidized loans do not accrue interest when you are enrolled full time!
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 13
Replying to @IamPoliSci
PLUS loans can have an effective interest rate of around 8.5% if you borrow for a 1 year graduate program next year. Some borrowers for graduate studies with established credit histories may be able to borrow at lower rates from private lenders.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
Jane Doe ☠️🕸 Jun 7
How much you owe in student loans
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 10
There are times when private loans can be more desirable than PLUS loans especially for graduate students who already have a credit history.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
CNN Business Jun 5
Student loan debt just hit $1.5 trillion — and women hold nearly two-thirds of it
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor Jun 5
For graduate borrowers, beware of the origination fees on Grad PLUS loans. They can significantly increase your true interest rate. In some cases, private loans may be more desirable.
Reply Retweet Like
LoanMajor retweeted
Patrick Zarrelli May 26
Reply Retweet Like