Twitter | Search | |
Search Refresh
Paul Delaney May 15
The supervision of all offenders in the community is once again to be undertaken by the state in a major renationalisation of the probation sector. It comes just five years after the government introduced a disastrous privatisation programme.
Reply Retweet Like
Harry Ferguson May 15
The service is a tragic case study of what happens when is privatised & its core values, practices, the caring relationships that help people to change & that protect the public are literally sold off. And destroyed 1/3
Reply Retweet Like
Ros Hutchinson May 15
This was identified as a stupid idea by those who understood Probation right from the beginning. Why is no one being held accountable?
Reply Retweet Like
Nicola Carr May 16
A significant reversal that recognises the overwhelming folly of the whole exercise, but what a costly and entirely foreseeable mistake: Probation will be renationalised after disastrous Grayling reforms
Reply Retweet Like
CarolineJMolloy May 16
Fascinating thread on why Chris Grayling ended up with the job in the first place, and how *everyone* knew privatising it would be a disaster, and why that didn't matter to the Tories.
Reply Retweet Like
Lydia Guthrie May 15
I'm feeling sad about the impact of on staff, people with convictions and their families, and victims and their families. There was no evidence for TR, and HMIP reports proved that was performing well. It was all about profit and ideology.
Reply Retweet Like
Alan Critchley May 15
The right thing to do. All Probation areas were “good” or “outstanding” prior to the split. They’re not now and public safety has been compromised.
Reply Retweet Like
The Faculty of Forensic Psychiatry May 16
The gov has announced their plans to bring all offender management under the National Probation Service by spring 2021. There are similar rates of mental illness in as prison- mental health provision must be prioritised in all plans to reform
Reply Retweet Like
PEANUT May 15
“Times are tough and we all need to tighten our belts “ Chris Grayling- Hold my beer ‘Dangerous’ part-privatisation of probation services costing taxpayers extra £467m, watchdog finds | The Independent
Reply Retweet Like
OpinionYP May 15
Reply Retweet Like
Probation Officers May 13
Ex- officer Simon Armitage named poet laureate
Reply Retweet Like
Rob McDowall May 15
Offender supervision in E&W which was privatised by useless Tory Minister Chris Grayling, is to be renationalised after severe failings came to light
Reply Retweet Like
Ian Lawrence May 15
U-turn A famous victory for Napo members as 80% of CRC probation work and the staff will transfer to the NPS by end of 2020 (Wales model) Our campaign to get the other 20% of work back into public control will intensify. Coverage on BBC Rad/TV & GMB + see my FB page
Reply Retweet Like

Related searches

#failinggrayling · probation service
Liz Saville Roberts AS/MP May 15
Excellent news - new Prisons & Probation minister + new policy. England to follow Wales probation model and return to public management
Reply Retweet Like
Tamzin May 15
This is why politicians shouldn’t meddle with things they don’t understand. They should also apply this rule to education, policing, NHS, etc; but no, they know best. Allegedly.
Reply Retweet Like
Frances4Toddbrook@tblabour May 15
increase in victims by privatisation experienced staff lost, paid off or sold off, plus untold stress to staff in public/private sectors catastrophic. I can sleep with clear conscious of strike days
Reply Retweet Like
maxine myatt May 15
Listening 2 David Gauke desperately trying 2 save face & cling 2 ideology. Thinking of colleagues who have been through so much
Reply Retweet Like
Matthew Morrissey May 16
I hope those who know me, will understand why I do not feel elated at today’s announcement regarding the Re Nationalisation of CRC OM work. A whole host of competing emotions, but utter sadness (for everything and everybody we have lost) is dominant for me today
Reply Retweet Like
David Teese May 15
One of my objectives this year is actually give more time to my own development. Today I went on attachment training by Clark Baim, who I've only ever heard good things about. Great training & good to mingle with other NW SPO's who I've never met before.
Reply Retweet Like
ATR 7h
74% of Minnesota voters say they're more likely to vote for a county prosecutor who supports . Smart criminal justice reform continues to be a political winner.
Reply Retweet Like