Twitter | Search | |
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Network greasemonkey and blogger. RCAF officer, motorcyclist, 41436, , Delegate, Ambassador,
8,116
Tweets
1,231
Following
2,523
Followers
Tweets
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 17
Replying to @RouteAbel
If they’re willing to pay the 3% monthly compounded interest that accrues from the invoice date on any balance past 30 days, I have β€’noβ€’ problem with that.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 17
So, the end customer gets invoiced on the 2nd of the month. I invoice my customer for my portion on the 4th. My customer got paid this morning and I got paid this afternoon. I suppose it’s too much to ask for all of my AR to be this nice.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 10
Replying to @Kappadonna
The obvious reply is, β€œWell, if you had talked to me the day before yesterday, that might have been an option. Now, let’s look at what we can realistically accomplish in the next few days.”
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 10
Ah, the fun of dealing with small business providers. Them: I need you to do/get x before I do this installation. Me: Sure. When do you plan to do the installation. Them: I'm on site now.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 4
I’ll see your Windows 95 and raise you NetWare 2.0a. πŸ™‚
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
Replying to @davidsamuelps
If you want something like that, it pays to buy off-lease stuff that's a couple of generations old. (I used eBay.) Usually it's been pulled from a DC and will have scads of RAM, but will be cheap because it's EoL. For a lab box, nobody cares about currency or serviceability.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
Replying to @davidsamuelps
I've got a Proliant DL160 G6 with 192Gb of RAM and a pair of Xeon 56xx processors. ESXi with nested virtualization lets me lab pretty much anything I could need.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
Replying to @networkingnerd
I'm a proud Civic driver and data centre consumer. Maybe one day I'll grow up and be a β€’realβ€’ car person, or maybe even (β€’gaspβ€’) become serious about building networks for a living. πŸ˜‰
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
If I listen to the hype, I could be convinced that most networking people design and operate data centre networks. Experience tells me that far more of us simply buy and use their resources without much consideration for how they work.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
Replying to @davidsamuelps
Well, there’s always taking the traditional approach. No agreed-upon agenda? No meeting. :) I suspect that doesn’t fly like it used to.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Apr 2
Public Service Announcement: If the basic details of a problem haven’t been reviewed by everyone involved, there’s no point in wasting everyone’s time by having a meeting about it. It’s the slowest, least efficient way of finding a fix.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ retweeted
Network Collective Mar 26
In this community routable, , , and join and to discuss factors that impact the resiliency of our networks. Episode 24 – Building Resilient Networks
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ retweeted
Gestalt IT Mar 26
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ retweeted
Network Collective Mar 21
Resilient networks are a must in today's systems. , , and join and to discuss multiple levels of resiliency with a focus on enterprise networks.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 21
Favourite Firefly quote. Jayne: "You don't understand the chain of command. That's where I beat you with this chain until you understand who's in charge here." Disclaimer: No, I have not adopted this as my favoured leadership approach. It's just amusing. πŸ™‚
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 20
Of course, everything that β€’canβ€’ keep me from the Virtual Design Clinic today has. πŸ™
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 20
Replying to @nickrusso42518
I β€’reallyβ€’Β need to find some time to read the whole thing. Thanks !
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 19
Replying to @dmfigol @Peter_Paluch
True enough. With that said, it's fascinating how many of them boil down to the same pattern: fast for the first 80% and slow for the remaining 20%. One would think there would be a bit more randomness to it.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 19
Replying to @Peter_Paluch
Yes! But one would think that someone would have thought of normalizing it a bit for something as simple as this.
Reply Retweet Like
Jody Lemoine πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Mar 19
Progress indicators are interesting. They seem to go from 0% to 75% quickly and then take forever to go from 76% to 100%. It could just be me, but I wonder if it's done so that the whole thing is perceived to be fast, barring the hiccup at the end.
Reply Retweet Like