Twitter | Search | |
Nicholas H Wolfinger
Professor at the University of Utah. Written some books about marriage & divorce. Liberal. NAGA winner. Pot-bellied pig owner.
17,413
Tweets
945
Following
1,891
Followers
Tweets
Nicholas H Wolfinger 2m
Replying to @theoil193
Please read some of my work, easily accessible from my web page, then get back to me.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 26m
Replying to @DGuckenheimer
Thanks for this. Response forthcoming.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 27m
ICYMI. Here's a 300+ page report compiled by 3 national academies on sexual harassment in academe. Harassment is lamentably common but far from ubiquitous, & experienced by men at a somewhat lower rate. HT
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 36m
Are small samples at the root of psychology's replication crisis? Here's a contrary opinion.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 42m
Replying to @theoil193
Like most things, quantitative research can be done both well and poorly.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 56m
It’s less than ideal, but not a root problem. Few academic fields have many conservatives, but most are doing better than psychology.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 56m
Replying to @callisti2024
I agree these are all problems, but many are rooted in small Ns. For instance, when I’m working with a data set of 30K statistical significance loses much relevance as a criterion.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 56m
Disagree. Science needs to map both the large contours & the subtle nuances of human behavior.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 56m
Replying to @FapsOfMeaning
Can you elaborate, please?
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 2h
Consistent with my post showing that high IQ people are especially likely to be promiscuous.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 3h
Replying to @inclusionist
I assume that refers to CH Sommers' explanation of the gender income gap. Do you think that's objectionable for empirical or ideological reasons?
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 12h
Replying to @MichaelFoster26
*checks to see if @liberaltoasters is taken*
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 12h
This is a twitter account.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 12h
Replying to @Garrettmoe
I would be too. Now about those lizard men on the trilateral commission....
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 12h
Replying to @theandrewglover
Please do! Then I can join the IDW & make real money.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 12h
Replying to @clayroutledge
You’re right, but here’s a positive way of looking at it: a can’t fail experiment. 1% chance it does good, 99% chance it validates our suspicions.
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger retweeted
ACSH 18h
UK Parliament Endorses E-Cigarettes to Help Smokers. Will U.S. Follow?
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 13h
Replying to @Noahpinion
Even better than Sorry to Bother You?
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 13h
Norman Borlaug may be the most consequential thinker ever (assuming “thinker” isn’t relegated to theorists).
Reply Retweet Like
Nicholas H Wolfinger 13h
The root of psychology’s Replication Crisis can be reduced to two words: small samples.
Reply Retweet Like