Twitter | Search | |
Neil
Neil Scott Writer/Editor Worked as a public servant staffer from precinct to presidential campaigns. Avatar is Frederick Douglass. Draw no inferences.
459,775
Tweets
1,344
Following
2,600
Followers
Tweets
Neil 1h
The difference btwn the 30% who like Trump separating children and the other 70%: Many of the 30% see refugees as a personal threat, as so unlike them as to be a threat to them and their culture. The rest see refugees as families who must be kept together while being deported.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
Replying to @NPSusa
This week 70% of American were united on the value that the Human Rights must be observed while enforcing the law. The same number is united that children's right to life must be observed while enforcing the Second Amendment.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
Replying to @NPSusa
You also share a solidarity with the children being caged-in by chain-link partitions, separated from their parents. It's a fundamental right for a family to be kept together.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
Replying to @NPSusa
Your campaign is one for basic Human Rights as outlined in the Declaration of Independence. The Right to Live, to be safe, outweighs owning weapons the Founding Father's didn't envision.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
In the 60s, there was a children's parade in Birmingham, AL that changed the Civil Rights Movement.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Jonathan Greenblatt 3h
More than 2,300 children have already been traumatized & torn from their parents. : What is the reunification plan? These kids need to be with their parents, not in jail. Now.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
René Fris 3h
These are the kind of updates I need! understands it's all about the hair! 🤣🤣🤣 via
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Robert Reich 2h
Reminder: The Trump administration still has no plan how to reunite the thousands of children already separated from their parents.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Steven Portnoy 4h
JUST IN: Senior Justice Department official Gene Hamilton confirms the Flores settlement still controls, and that unless Congress or the court acts, the government can only detain families together for "up to 20 days."
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Aura Bogado 13h
If you thought cages were bad, I hate to break it to you: It gets much, much worse. Drunk employees. Sexual assault. The forced administration of heavy psychotropic drugs that leave children "hypnotized." Our new investigation:
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
THREAD - an investigation in collaboration with the
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Reuters Top News 2h
Pope Francis criticises the Trump administration policy of separating migrant families at the U.S.-Mexican border.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
Evening thunderstorms dodge Washington, D.C. area. It's cooler weather, though gray skies for the evening.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
It's important to note what "Making America Great Again" means to those with whom it resonates. It means when white Christians were the majority. It appeals mostly, according to polls, to those who have had the least contact with minorities.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Kyle Griffin 2h
"There will not be a grandfathering of existing cases,” said Kenneth Wolfe, a spokesman for the Administration for Children and Families. Wolfe said the decision about the children was made by the White House.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
Texas Tribune 2h
After a report from revealed how Texas is failing to provide care to some of its most medically vulnerable citizens, state lawmakers spent hours pressing state officials and private companies that manage health care for Medicaid recipients.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
The New York Times 2h
Steve Schmidt, who advised George W. Bush and John McCain on their presidential campaigns, has quit the Republican Party. "It is fully the party of Trump," he said
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
ESPN FC 8h
Group A: Russia ✅ Uruguay ✅ Egypt ❌ Saudi Arabia ❌ Russia and Uruguay are the first teams to reach the last 16.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil retweeted
CS Monitor 2h
Two Swiss scientists have found a way to engage the public in the effort to preserve bees – and pollination.
Reply Retweet Like
Neil 2h
A tweet that shows some Trump supporters living in a different reality than the nation. 70% of Americans demanded Human Rights be observed for children and their families. Trump still defying a 1997 legal agreement & criminalizing a misdemeanor. The courts will work that out.
Reply Retweet Like