Twitter | Search | |
NHC Atlantic Ops
Providing analyses, forecasts, and warnings of tropical cyclones and disturbances over the Atlantic basin.
6,507
Tweets
0
Following
390,991
Followers
Tweets
NHC Atlantic Ops 15m
1:05 AM New Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a high chance (90%) of a subtropical or tropical cyclone forming in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain and rip currents are the main threats for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops 6h
7:25 PM: New Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a high chance (90%) of a subtropical or tropical cyclone forming in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain and rip currents are the main threats for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops 12h
130 PM: New Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a high chance (90%) of a subtropical or tropical depression forming in the southeastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain and rip currents are the main threats for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops 14h
NOAA's Climate Prediction Center outlook for the 2018 Atlantic hurricane has a 35% chance of an above-normal season, a 40% chance of a near-normal season, and a 25% chance of a below-normal season.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops 16h
900 AM EDT: Here are the key messages for the disturbance near the Yucatan Peninsula (). For now, heavy rain and rip currents are the main threats through Memorial Day Weekend.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops 17h
740 AM: New Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a high chance (80%) of a subtropical or tropical depression forming in the southeastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain and rip currents are the main threats for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 23
710 PM: New Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a high chance (70%) of a subtropical or tropical depression forming in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain is the main threat for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 23
Replying to @NWSWPC
Here is the 5-day rainfall forecast from - much of the rain along the northern Gulf Coast and Florida is expected to be from the Gulf low. The next outlook will be issued by 8pm EDT.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 23
800 AM: new Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued- There is a 60% chance of a subtropical or tropical depression forming in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Heavy rain is the main threat for now. Full details:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 22
7:15 PM: A new Special Outlook has been issued. There is a 50% chance of subtropical or tropical cyclone forming late this week in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico. See the full text at:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 22
Replying to @NWSWPC
The main threat with this system is very heavy rain. Here's the latest 5-day rainfall forecast. The next Special Tropical Weather Outlook will be issued by 8 pm EDT.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 22
745 AM: A new Special Outlook has been issued. There is a 40% chance of subtropical or tropical cyclone forming late this week in the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico. See the full text at:
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 21
730 PM Special Tropical Weather Outlook. Medium chance (40%) of development of a broad low pressure system is possible late this week over the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico. Locally heavy rainfall is the main threat across western Cuba & Florida during the next several days.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 21
830 AM: A Special Tropical Weather Outlook has been issued. Some gradual development is possible late this week of a system moving into the central or eastern Gulf of Mexico. Locally heavy rainfall is the main threat across western Cuba & Florida during the next several days.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 15
A low pressure area over the northeastern Gulf of Mexico is not expected to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics, but locally heavy rainfall and flash flooding are still possible across Florida and the SE United States during the next few days.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 14
Replying to @NWSWPC
There is currently a low chance of this system acquiring subtropical or tropical characteristics during the next few days. For more information on the potential for heavy rainfall, please visit or see 's forecasts at
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 14
A non-tropical area of low pressure located over the eastern Gulf of Mexico is expected to produce locally heavy rainfall and possible flash flooding over portions of Florida and the southeastern United States over the next few days.
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 14
Replying to @NWS @NWSWPC
For more information on the rainfall associated with this system, see your local office at and at
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 14
Broad area of low pressure moving slowly northward over the eastern Gulf of Mexico could acquire some subtropical or tropical characteristics during the next few days. Regardless of development, rainfall will be enhanced over FL and the NE Gulf Coast
Reply Retweet Like
NHC Atlantic Ops May 13
Replying to @NWS @NWSWPC
For more information on rainfall associated with this system see your local office at and at
Reply Retweet Like